**THIS POST CONTAINS THE BIBLIOGRAPHY FOR THE ARTICLE TITLED “MANAGEMENT OF INFRAOCCLUDED PRIMARY MOLARS” IN THE 2018-2019 WINTER ISSUE OF DENTALTOWNUK.
THIS ARTICLE WAS WRITTEN BY DR LUBNA AL-MUZIAN, DR JASNEET SINGH GULATI, DR LAURA MCATARSNEY, DR KARANJIT JUJ & DR MOHAMMED ALMUZIAN.
Please see below for all sources referenced in this article.
1. Ekim S and Hatibovic‐Kofman S. (2001) A treatment decision‐making model for infraoccluded primary molars. International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry 11: 340-346.
2. Kurol J and Thilander B. (1984) Infraocclusion of primary molars with aplasia of the permanent successor: a longitudinal study. The Angle orthodontist 54: 283-294.
3. Baccetti T. (1998) A controlled study of associated dental anomalies. The Angle orthodontist 68: 267-274.
4. Shalish M, Peck S, Wasserstein A, et al. (2010) Increased occurrence of dental anomalies associated with infraocclusion of deciduous molars. Angle Orthodontist 80: 440-445.
5.. Bjerklin K, Kurol J and Valentin J. (1992) Ectopic eruption of maxillary first permanent molars and association with other tooth and developmental disturbances. The European Journal of Orthodontics 14: 369-375.
6. Antoniades K KS, Milioti K, Antoniades V, Markovitsi E. . (2002) Submerged teeth. Journal of Clinical Pediatric Dentistry: 239-242.
7. Kurol J. (1981) Infraocclusion of primary molars: an epidemiologic and familial study. Community dentistry and oral epidemiology 9: 94-102.
8. Dewhurst S, Harris J and Bedi R. (1997) Infraocclusion of primary molars in monozygotic twins: report of two cases. International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry 7: 25-30.
9. Sarver DM. (2015) Ankylosed primary teeth with no permanent successors: What do you do?
10. Jenkins F and Nichol R. (2008) Atypical retention of infraoccluded primary molars with permanent successor teeth. European Archives of Paediatric Dentistry 9: 51-55.
11. Kurol J. (2002) Early treatment of tooth-eruption disturbances. American journal of orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics 121: 588-591.
12. Raghoebar G, Boering G and Vissink A. (1991) Clinical, radiographic and histological characteristics of secondary retention of permanent molars. Journal of dentistry 19: 164-170.
13. Sabri R. (2008) Management of over-retained mandibular deciduous second molars with and without permanent successors. World J Orthod 9: 209-220.
14. Kurol J. (2006) Impacted and ankylosed teeth: why, when, and how to intervene. American journal of orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics 129: S86-S90.
15. Sletten DW, Smith BM, Southard KA, et al. (2003) Retained deciduous mandibular molars in adults: a radiographic study of long-term changes. American journal of orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics 124: 625-630.
16. Ram D and Peretz B. (2003) Restoring coronal contours of retained infraoccluded primary second molars using bonded resin-based composite. Pediatric dentistry 25: 71-73.
17. Northway W. (2004) Hemisection: one large step toward management of congenitally missing lower second premolars. The Angle orthodontist 74: 792-799.
18. Valencia R, Saadia M and Grinberg G. (2004) Controlled slicing in the management of congenitally missing second premolars. American journal of orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics 125: 537-543.
19. Mohadeb JVN, Somar M and He H. (2015) Effectiveness of decoronation technique in the treatment of ankylosis: A systematic review. Dental Traumatology.
20. Kokich VO. (2002) Congenitally missing teeth: orthodontic management in the adolescent patient. American journal of orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics 121: 594-595.
21. Ostler MS and Kokich VG. (1994) Alveolar ridge changes in patients congenitally missing mandibular second premolars. The Journal of prosthetic dentistry 71: 144-149.
22. Bjerklin K and Bennett J. (2000) The long-term survival of lower second primary molars in subjects with agenesis of the premolars. The European Journal of Orthodontics 22: 245-255.
23. Kawasaki K, Takahashi T, Yamaguchi M, et al. (2006) Effects of aging on RANKL and OPG levels in gingival crevicular fluid during orthodontic tooth movement. Orthodontics & craniofacial research 9: 137-142.
24, Wilcko MT, Wilcko WM, Pulver JJ, et al. (2009) Accelerated osteogenic orthodontics technique: a 1-stage surgically facilitated rapid orthodontic technique with alveolar augmentation. Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 67: 2149-2159
25. Bjerklin K, Al-Najjar M, Kårestedt H, et al. (2008) Agenesis of mandibular second premolars with retained primary molars. A longitudinal radiographic study of 99 subjects from 12 years of age to adulthood. The European Journal of Orthodontics 30: 254-261.
26. Angelopoulou MV, Koletsi D, Vadiakas G, et al. (2015) Induced ankylosis of a primary molar for skeletal anchorage in the mandible as alternative to mini-implants. Progress in Orthodontics 16: 18.
27. Omnell ML and Sheller B. (1994) Maxillary protraction to intentionally ankylosed deciduous canines in a patient with cleft palate. American journal of orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics 106: 201-205.
28. Suri L, Gagari E and Vastardis H. (2004) Delayed tooth eruption: pathogenesis, diagnosis, and treatment. A literature review. American journal of orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics 126: 432-445.
29. Kurol J and Olson L. (1991) Ankylosis of primary molars—a future periodontal threat to the first permanent molars? The European Journal of Orthodontics 13: 404-409.
30. Walker CG and King R. (2017) Extraction of Gingivally Retained Deciduous Teeth Using Orthodontic Elastics. J Clin Orthod 51: 480.
31. Parisay I, Kebriaei F, Varkesh B, et al. (2013) Management of a severely submerged primary molar: a case report. Case reports in dentistry 2013.
32. Tieu LD, Walker SL, Major MP, et al. (2013) Management of ankylosed primary molars with premolar successors: a systematic review. The Journal of the American Dental Association 144: 602-611.
33. Kennedy D. (2009) Treatment strategies for ankylosed primary molars. European Archives of Paediatric Dentistry 10: 201-210.
34. Ponduri S, Birnie DJ and Sandy JR. (2009) Infraocclusion of secondary deciduous molars–an unusual outcome. Journal of orthodontics 36: 186-189.
35. Burch J, Ngan P and Hackman A. (1994) Diagnosis and treatment planning for unerupted premolars. Pediatric dentistry 16: 89-89.
36. Uribe F, Chau V, Padala S, et al. (2013) Alveolar ridge width and height changes after orthodontic space opening in patients congenitally missing maxillary lateral incisors. The European Journal of Orthodontics 35: 87-92.